Performance Plastics has worked with industry leading medical, industrial, oil and gas, automotive and aerospace customers to achieve significant cost savings and/or performance advantages utilizing ultra and high performance thermoplastic solutions. A few examples of our problem solving capabilities are highlighted in the case studies found on this page.
- VICTREX® PEEK™ Polymer Topics: Case Study, Precision Injection Molding Performance Plastics Improves Compressor Valve Performance With Poppets Made From VICTREX® PEEK™ Polymer Manufacturers of check valves and pressure relief valves for hydraulic and pneumatic compressors are constantly looking for ways to improve the performance of their products. Valve performance, more than any other component, determines compressor efficiency. To achieve reduction in fluid leakage, noise… Read Case Study
- Net Shape Thermoplastic PEEK Seals Topics: Case Study Proprietary Tool Design Software Contributes To Precise Sealing Surface Market: Oil & Gas Project Requirement: Produce an “out-of-mold” net shape fiber reinforced PEEK seal holding dimensional tolerances of .0003 inches. Overview Mating parts providing a fluid or gas seal are critical components in most mechanical systems. We commonly think of them in valves and connector… Read Case Study
- Metal To Plastic Conversion Topics: Case Study PPL Races To Solution With Thermoplastic Gear Market: Automotive Project Requirement: Develop a longer lived, more efficeint drop in replacement for a metal component Project Requirement: Develop a material with a low coefficient of friction not needing lubricating fluids Overview Metals have been the first choice of design engineers for almost three centuries. Developments in highly engineered thermoplastics materials are challenging… Read Case Study
- Biocompatible Fluoropolymers Topics: Case Study Injection Molding Biocompatible Fluoropolymers For Medical Device Industry Biocompatible Fluoropolymers And Advances In Injection Molding These Materials For Medical Devices, Drug Delivery Systems And Storage Components Abstract Injection molded fluoropolymers provide the chemical resistance and material performance needed for the manufacturing, storage and delivery of next generation cancer and biologic drug technologies. Fluoropolymers barrier properties,… Read Case Study
- Proprietary Fluoropolymer Injection Molding Process Topics: Case Study Cost Effective Fluoropolymer Molding Market: Medical/Life Science Project Requirement: Manufacture a cost effective, conforming fluoropolymer part Fluoropolymers (PFA, PEF. ETFE, PTFE, PVDF) are ideal for many medical applications due to their desirable attributes including biocompatibility, lubricity, sterilization, chemical inertness, stability over a wide temperature use range, barrier properties and high-purity with low extractables and leachables.… Read Case Study