As you’re designing and manufacturing your next application, wouldn’t it be ideal if you could analyze all the parts, compare them to the original drawings and get results quickly, without damaging your samples? At Performance Plastics, we offer the services of industrial computed tomography (CT) scan. This provides us the ability to measure all aspects of your part, without having to damage it.
Industrial CT scanning in the design process gives you access to the inner workings of a part without having to destroy the original. The scanner rotates the part 360 degrees and uses X-rays to create a precise 3D model. This allows for a thorough analysis of object dimensions, porosity, wall thickness, assembly defects, comprehensive comparisons, and reverse engineering.
The CT scan can then be compared to the CAD model and to other parts. In addition, it can easily analyze surface variations and provide cross sections to reveal hidden features.
Performance Plastics now offer a variety of CT scan-related services:
- Part-to-CAD comparisons create a precise overlay of the scanned part to the original 3D part model database
- Part-to-part comparisons provide an overlay of two scanned parts to reveal dimensional deviation
- Void and inclusion analysis provide material and defect analysis showing void or inclusion size and locations
- Wall thickness analysis measures slight changes in the wall stock of complex parts without destructive testing
- Dimensional analysis provides full article inspections and reporting
- Reverse engineering capabilities that generate a 3D CAD file
Performance Plastics, located in Cincinnati, OH has over 30 years’ experience in molding tight tolerance advanced plastics such as Fluoropolymers (FEP/PFA Torlon, Peek & Ultem) for many industries. We have developed proprietary processes enabling injection molding of parts that are thin walled, with tight dimensional tolerances, and complex geometries. For more information and solutions, please contact Rich Reed, Vice President of Sales & Marketing at 513-321-8404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.